Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Saturday, May 28, 2011

BIrds Of A Feather Exhibition

So as many of you know I just finished up my 3rd solo gallery exhibition called
'Birds Of A Feather'
at the W.K.P Kennedy Gallery, here in my little city of North Bay.
I thought I'd share some photos with you...


My sweetie & I are almost done a great little promotional site for the exhibition.
I can't wait to show you all...it'll have more photos not shown here, video & interview sections.
It will act as a lovely little archive of the show, as well as a nice virtual tour of sorts.

There were definitely some 'snags' with this show...
Such as it going from a planned 4 week run and being cut down to a mere 10 day run!
Having no choice but to hang the entire show just a few hours before the opening which was totally exhausting and left me just a tad too popped to thoroughly enjoy my special night...
....etc....
BUT you gotta roll with the punches after all..and try to concentrate on the positives....
It was a lovely space to show in & a treat to have my exhibit in the same place where years ago
I worked as gallery coordinator, alongside the amazing Dennis Geden.
(a job I loved but one I left for pursuit of my own full-time art making).
I had many lovelies & sweet-hearts come out to support me on my special night...
including a large flow of people I didn't know.
Hopefully, my grant will be approved & that will help with costs of the show...fingers crossed!
and it's ultimately something new that is proudly added to my artist's c.v.

I must send out extra love and huge thanks to:
My Jonathan, who has so much patience with yours truly...it's not a light task to live with an
artist, let alone one whose preparing for a show, but no one does it better than my guy...
Thanks oodles to my Dad, he swooped in and made me such beautiful frames for over 20 pieces,
even whiles suffering with a broken foot! 
He's no matter what, always on my side & sometimes that all a sensitive little artist needs...
Thanks to my mom, someone I can count out blindly & who is always there to help
with the tiniest or biggest of things...you rock mom...
and thanks to my pal Jules, who helped me hang my show & who tirelessly
wrestled with demon screws on my behalf...
XXOO to you all.

Thanks so much for having a look.

Have a superb weekend.
(As you read this I am likely prowling a bookstore & sipping on a Starbucks coffee with a bag full of art supplies by my side...so if this be true, I am having a lovely day indeed).

XO Mandy & Ella Luna, whose fur has finally all grown in again all beautiful like XO

16 comments:

ladaisi said...

This is AMAZING, Mandy! I so wish I could've come to this! I love all the paintings in the black frames lined up - so beautiful!

...I'm having another creative guest post series starting the first of June - just thought I'd mention it if you want to stop by and meet some other artists!

risa said...

Looks like a lovely show! You did a great job under pressure! Hope it was a huge success!

lori said...

congratulations on your beautiful showing!!! what a great breath of work - i'm sure it was exciting to have it all come together! it's so wonderful you have the love and support that you do -

Donna Heart said...

Mandy - I saw your link through the Flying Lessons facebook page - and so glad I took a look! What a beautiful show you put on - i can't wait to see the new site showcasing it all - well done you! I have my first solo show coming up in three weeks! Nerves are kicking in! Thanks for sharing,
X Donna

Janet Ghio said...

How many pieces did you make for this exhibit? Looks like a lot!! It looks like a wonderful show!

Kris said...

Congratulations, Mandy!!! Your show looks like a lovely one and it sounds like your opening night was a huge success!!! I love your work!!! Kris

Antoinette said...

The exhibit looks beautiful! Wish I could see it in person. Looking forward to seeing the promotional site when it's up. Congratulations on a beautiful show!

Kelly said...

That looks like a fantastic show!! Sorry you were so tired, but it really looks awesome. Wish I could see it :)
Congrats!
Kelly

Art by Katalin said...

Wow Mandy! Your exhibit looked amazing!!! I really love the way you hanged your pieces! And there are a few I haven't seen yet..I hope you will introduce those too. Just beautiful....congrats! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you!
How were your sales?
Good i hope.
I am totally in love with the first big picture with the lady and the bird!

ArtfulLee Designed said...

Wow, the show looked fantastic. I wish I lived nearby so I could have visited in person.
Lee:)

Mandy Saile said...

Thank you so so so much lovely ladies...your feedback means the world. Hope your all having wonderful day and wishing you all extra good luck with your current ventures as well, artistic & otherwise XXOO Mandy and the Bunnies who are anxious that I get off the computer and bring them outside.

danielle daniel said...

WOW!!! Your exhibit looked BEAUTIFUL!!! Totally PRO! You have been working hard my friend. I hope you are resting a bit before you get started again! Congratulations on your show. Looking forward to seeing "the tour". xoxo

Judit Gueth said...

Finally I got around to check on your blog! Wow, the exhibition looked amazing! I would have loved to see it in person. I can't wait to see the summary!
Love,
J.

Natascha said...

What a wonderful show! Very impressive! Congratulations! I love your work.

Deyfenn Slayd said...

Despite the BS you went through for the show, your work is awsome and so was the show. Congratulations on your strength and calmness in putting it together (you know I would have killed someone if I was in your position).

Can't wait to get the promo site up to share with everyone.