Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Us Two at U2

I still can not believe that I just saw one of my most favourite bands EVER.....
U2
Wow oh wow oh wow.
Jonathan bought me the tickets as a birthday surprise 2 years ago.
The concert was booked for last July but was cancelled & rescheduled...it was worth the wait.

And I got to go back to the big smog (it's been a whole year since my last visit!)...I still oh so love it...
It's always amazing to me that I, tiny little moi, lived in that bustling hustling city for 5 years...
I truly do feel like it's where I 'grew' up and really found out what I was made of...
It still sings to me and though I live in North Bay now, I still consider Toronto my playground.


I got to bask in the soaring beauty of the CN Tower...


I got to revisit an old city sculpture that wowed me when I was a newbie to the city...
I fondly remember standing beneath it, sketching it out, as an OCAD art student.


And than we basked by this beauty as we gobbled down veggie street dogs (yum)...


This concert was such a treat, I can't even fully express it...
Seeing Peter Gabriel was on my bucket list and Jonathan and I got ourselves
to one of his amazing concerts a few years ago...
Seeing U2 was on my list too...


I was completely immersed in the pulsing energy and brilliance that is U2 & I LOVED IT.
(Though the constant weed drifting throughout the crowd gave me a seriously wicked migraine by the end of the night!)


I am sitting here in my studio, writing this blog post with a very very contented heart right now....
I just saw U2, OMG!!! ha ha.

XO A U2 Loving Mandy XO

4 comments:

Deyfenn Slayd said...

That was a wicked concert, and the hope trip was a blast. Who better to enjoy it with then you Bijou!!

Now....if only I could find a way to purchase those street vegie dogs for home consumption ;-)

Snap said...

YeeHaw!!!!!

Natascha said...

I love Toronto. It reminds me of my high school days in Frankfurt Germany. I'm an army brat. So great that you got to go!

ArtfulLee Designed said...

Oh you are lucky Mandy. U2 is my favourite band too. The last time I saw them was in Melbourne a few years ago, sadly I missed the 360 tour here last year.
thanks for the photos of Toronto, it looks like a lovely city.
Lee:)