Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Thursday, August 11, 2011

International Jazz Festival

So this is concert week on the blog I think, ha ha.
A few weekends ago Jonathan treated me to a massive treat...
a jazz festival in Toronto...


It happened like this...
we were in Toronto 3 days prior for the amazing U2 concert
and before heading back home we went for lunch
at which point I saw posters for the upcoming weekends International Jazz Fest...
Well my sweet-as-pie honey said that I looked at that poster so longingly, ha ha...
and that enough was enough, that the rabbits would be fine with their babysitter
and that he was taking his jazz nut to that festival because I've missed enough jazz in the city....
Awwww, I know I know, ha ha.... 
So we made the 4 hours trek down South once again.
It wasn't at all what I expected and was a hundred times better than anything I could of dreamt.

Let me share some of my favourite shots of the weekend
and show you who we were lucky enough to see...

The super talented Anne Lindsay started us off...


(Jonathan took some high def video that you can see right here)

Than we saw the awesome blues duo Braithwaite & Whiteley


(Check out the hd vid here)

Than the dizzying Yoel Diaz Quartet from Cuba...


(Check out the video we took right here...the keyboard-ist is super talented & super fast)

Than we really enjoyed Raoul & The Big Time
They were another blues band & put on a great show......

 
(Watch some groovy video here to see why we enjoyed them so much)

Than we took in and grooved to the funky funk band called Planet Earth with Ron Little Jon...


(Check out the video Jon took of them, right here, they were really cool)

Than we were amazed by the ultra talented Yiannis Kapoulas...
beautiful music with an Egyptian vibe to it...
(I think his will be one of the next cd's I order.)


(Check out the video from my honey, right here, you'll be amazed).

THAN....
One of THEE BEST shows we've yet to see...
An awesome funk group from New Orleans
They just so completely rocked the stage and turned the whole scene into a dance party
Jonathan lost his voice, I almost knocked down a metal fence, ha ha...


Dude rocked that trombone, holy smokes!!!
I admit I was quite smitten, ha ha
And they had one of thee best bassist ever.
They engaged the crowd & had top energy through the whole show, like we've never seen before.
Wow.
You gotta check out the video of them, right here.
(Though it doesn't do them justice & unfortunately our camcorder died on us so we couldn't get much).


Well, that was my first ever Jazz Festival...I'll never forget this weekend, not ever...


Toronto is so insanely lucky to have this event every year...
(When we lived in TO for 5 years I wasn't a jazz nut so I didn't eve know this event was taking place!)
we only got to enjoy 2 days out of 10 but it's certainly better than nothing because I think the last
jazz concert I super enjoyed/saw was in PEI 7 years ago!
I usually just crank it out in my studio stereo...
Jazz calms me down & gets into my soul like something velvety soft.
These are some of my favourite shots amongst over 500 photos, ha ha.
Thanks for having a look....and don't forget to boogey to the videos.

XO A Jazz Happy Mandy XO

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Looks like so much fun! You have such a wonderful Jon :)

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

How fun! And such beautiful photos. I feel like I was there! Love the last one... so sweet! :)

Anonymous said...

to bad that all those people didnt realize that you are one of the greatest artists EVER!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Again, gorgeous photos and sounds like such a good time. I would have loved it. The photo of you and Jonathan is fantastic. Ya'll are just the cutest couple.
xx, shell

Anonymous said...

What an awsome concert. I can't beleive that we drove for 4 hours to get there, and we were the first ones there. Too funny...TO people are spoiled for sure...although the 45c degree heat might have had something to do with it.

Can't wait for us to go next year...it's a date.