Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Summer In The Park Music Line Up

So we went to another festival, one in our very own little city, called 'Summer In The Park'
It had the best musical line up it's had in years...so we couldnt' pass it up.

I really LOVE some of the shots I took of the musicians and was hoping you all wouldn't mind terribly if I showed them to you today...it is after all concert week on this dear blogling oh mine!

First let me just say that the skies the first night were quite ominous...


And we did get drenched in a torrential downpour but the hardcore fans stuck it out, ha ha...

First up was the rockin 'Sheep Dogs'


The guy with the long dark hair was sooo photogenic, I think I took 20 shots of him alone, ha ha.
Unfortunately because of the rain, their set was cut short, which sucked cause they were great...
but we were seriously impressed by their dedication to the crowd, they played in torrential rain & wind to the point of being dangerous...& I wouldn't be surprised if some of their equipment got ruined.

Up next was the excellent East Coast band 'Hey Rosetta'


And next up was 'City In Colour'


The crowd was bonkers for these guys...apparently the main singer is the current Canadian heart-throb!

The 2nd day was the day 'The Tea Party' played,
which is the band we most looked forward too...


They were awesome and put on a great show...
Jonathan was especially psyched to see them live.

And than to wrap up the event was 'Joan Jett & The Blackhearts'


I think most people have heard of this song...it was fun to see her live.
But we ended up leaving after about 5 songs
because the crowd was just abit too rude & rowdy for my taste!
The cigarette smoke was horrid and I already had a bad headache, people were throwing things and ripping apart their glow sticks & spraying everyone with the chemically gunk inside!!! and than to top it all off there was a plump rude 40-some year old witch grinding, jumping & bumping against me the whole time...it ticked me off enough to leave!  I have no problem with physical contact but seriously woman, back off abit...Ugh!!!

So there you have it....what do you think of the photos?

Next week we'll get back to Art work and Bunnies, I promise!

XO A Rocked Out Mandy whose currently basking once again in sweet sweet Jazz XO

6 comments:

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

LOVE. Seriously... these are amazing! Awesome action shots. Sorry about the unfortunate rude lady. Oh my goodness! lol I would have left too. Beautiful photographs. Loved looking through them! :)

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Fantastic photos Mandy! Too bad you have to leave early because of that rude woman. That would have ticked me off too.
xx, shell

Liv @ Choosing Beauty said...

These are amazing photos!! You can feel the music through them. Gosh, I saw Joan Jett probably 20 years ago! Looks like we've had a little work done. ;o) Thanks for sharing, Mandy!

jacqueline said...

Dearest sweet mandy, these are really awesome photos!! So sorry to hear about that rude lady. I would have left too! Have a lovely merry happy week and love to yoU!

Anonymous said...

Those are some CRAZY shots! I think the storm during the Sheepdogs concert, although it shortened the set, for pictures was amazing... Nice job, you have a good eye-ball.

I especially enjoyed the Tea Party...man that music brought me back to our old Toronto life.

Judit Gueth said...

Wow, really good pictures!! I love them! Yes, too bad you had to leave early!
Love,
J.