Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Painted Bird Ceramic

Okay, so I finally admit it...
a secret love...
Painting ceramics!!!
I know they are typically abit 'cheesy'
and I always feel weird about painting something someone else made
But what can I say, it's a long-time love my mom turned me onto when I was a kid
and I recently indulged in this secret hobby to paint this...


...I think it took me about 8 or 9 hours straight but I think it was worth it.
I gave it to my mom.

See you soon and thanks oodles for hopping in for a look-see.

XO Mandy & 4 snow tired bunnies

7 comments:

Snap said...

Mandy, I love this piece. It isn't cheesy if you love it!!!!! It brings back memories to me ... lots of fun with paint!

Karen M said...

What a fun hobby to share with your Mom. The form may not be yours, but the painting is definitely all you!

Mandy Saile said...

Thanks so much Snap and Karen XO.

Kelly Warren said...

This is beautiful! When I was young, my grandmother had her own ceramics shop and I remember watching her pull things out of the kiln and then turning little pieces over to me to paint. They are still some of my favorite treasures!

Marianne said...

wow! it's so "Mandy" .
I am sure the creator of the form wouldn't recognize it. You have made it truely unique!

Mandy Saile said...

Thanks so much Kelly and Marianne:D

Anonymous said...

I love the warm colours in this. Normally painting ceramics isn't considered "art"...but when you an amazing job like you do...I have to disagree.