Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Monday, September 24, 2012

Cave Spelunking

Some adventuring and fun was recently had.
My honey and I with a friend of ours all went cave spelunking together.
It was great fun and quite physical.  My legs were so tired the day after I could barely walk, ha ha.
Jonathan and I had ventured to this spot years ago when we were in college...
but it was so fun to revisit it.


There is one part called "Fat Man's Misery", a crevice that snakes through the rock
and is only 14" at it's widest opening...it took me a few attempts to get through.
It was such a mental experience, if you panic, your chest expands and you get stuck really fast.
Apparently alot of people do get stuck and require help to get out...
I had made it through this same crevice years ago
but I admit, I was quite abit slimmer back then, ha ha...
But I persevered and made it through then turned back around and did it again, ha ha.
I was so proud of myself.
 
I just wanted to share my favourite photos from a great day.  Thanks for hopping in.
My scanner is on the fritz again hence the lack of artwork...but hopefully I'll get it sorted out soon.

5 comments:

ladaisi said...

What a completely awesome day! I would love to do something like this.

Stephanie Amos said...

That looks like so much fun! Looks like you all had a great time. =) Thanks for sharing such great pics!
Hope you're well my friend!xo

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Looks like such a fun time. It's beautiful there!

Mandy Saile said...

Lauren, it was so fun, I bet your little one would have had a blast in these caves.

Stephanie, I miss you girl, we must find a way to keep in better touch. XO.

Shell...I was thinking of you cause I knew the zip-line was following the cave play:D

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy the caves...wish our duchesne trails had some caves like this.