Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Inspiration: Part 3

Let's continue on with our talk about inspiration and the many forms it can take shall we?
 
What I really love about inspiration is the ebb & flow of it...
something may be a driving inspirational force for a short time in our lives,
whiles other things are life long inspirations.
 
I think my 12 year old niece will be a constant inspiration to me.
And honestly, I am not one of those people who thinks every kid is cute & adorable...
quite the opposite in fact!!! BUT....my niece...
my niece is one spunky and dedicated kid and that's something I like.
I understand her determination because I have it too.
 

She swims like a fish.  She adores being in the water so much.
She dreamt of belonging to our small city's swim team 'The Titans"
and she worked her little tush off and is now swimming on that team, 3 or 4 times a week,
taking part in swim meets, marathons and winning medals one after the other.
There is something so special about being there on the hot humid pool observation deck,
watching my only niece give it her all, finding herself, pushing herself
whiles the sun dances and sparkles off ever single ripple & wave of water.  I love it.
 
She is Inspiration,
it's not cause she's a kid...
it's the tenacity, hard work & dedication inside the kid....
because I see a lot of adults without any drive to go above & beyond at all
and she does it all without even thinking twice on it.
I hope she carries this drive with her always, especially as life gets more difficult as she gets older.
I hope too that she realizes & embraces what an inspiration this tenacious trait can be to others.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow! That's such a powerful statement! "She is Inspiration...it's tenacity, hard work & dedication inside the kid." Isn't that what a lot of inspiration is about? Following through, breaking through challenges, persisting, and perspiring to achieve a goal? Very thought provoking...

Mandy Saile said...

Indeed Jenn, indeed:D How's Texas treating ya?

Unknown said...

Well said. Tenacity, hard work & dedication...the things a good life are built on.