Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Sick Bunny...My Baby

My little orangey sunshine Teela hasn't been feeling too hot these past couple of days.
We think she was on the verge of g.i.stasis...which is very serious in bunnies...
(if your bunny isn't eating there is a problem that require immediate investigation & care).
 
BUT we think she's feeling much better...fingers crossed...I think I can start breathing again!
 
I cancelled any plans for this week, just in case I needed to stay home with her.
You know what's funny though (well not really funny but very sad!)
my staying home to be near my bunnies seems to irritate some people!
I never understand why!
I've actually heard through the gossip grapevine of so called 'friends' of mine putting me down,
saying I didn't have my priorities straight and all kinds of garbage like 'they are just rabbits'!
Needless to say, these people aren't friends of mine any longer...
because any friend of mine knows that these animals...these rabbits...they aren't just rabbits...
these precious beautiful souls are my babies, my family & my best pals.
 
 
A mother wouldn't leave a sick child alone would they?
That mama would want to be near that child incase it needs the tiniest littlest thing right?
Even if all I can do is lay on the floor &
check on every single poop that comes out of their cute little tush's
or keep an eye on how sick their eyes are looking or see how much sleep they are getting...
to be on hand to tempt their spirits back up with favorite treats...
to keep a vigilant eye to be able to report the tiniest thing to the vet incase that tiniest thing helps.
And really it just comes down to a deep rooted need to just be near them.
 
I actually have gotten to the point where I feel sorry for the people out there
who can't extend the compassion and love they feel for a human to animals.
After all love is love.
 
When one of my babies isn't feeling well, something in me just goes very still with fear.
Fear grips me and wrestles me down to the unsteady, cold, uncomfortable ground....
I want for all the world to take their ailments away from them and suffer them myself...
oh my goodness if only it were that easy!


5 comments:

purplepearl7 said...

You've expressed so clearly what it feels like to worry about our pets. They are family. They are our children. I hope your bunny is feeling much better soon!

Michele T said...

Only a mother knows what is best!! I hope Teela feels better soon.

Mandy Saile said...

Thanks so much PurplePearl7...I try, ha ha. Michele, a mama does know best, agreed:D XO.

Unknown said...

We have kids, plain and simple. Just like some peoples kids may have developmental issues, or physical issues...ours are small, furry and can't talk...that's all.

Those who don't get that, can't by our very nature, be our friends. :-)

Misty said...

I totally understand how you feel. They call me a crazy cat lady for a reason. I'm glad to read that your babes are feeling better.