Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Monday, May 11, 2015

Working Slowly

Coloured Pencil can be a really slow medium...
It doesn't happen often but sometimes when I am stuck on a picture I put it aside for awhile.
 

When I feel like I can move forward without massively screwing things up
Only than will I pull it back out and return to work... 


because unlike other mediums, coloured pencils are also very unforgiving
and corrections are not easily made...
 
 
So I put "Beguiling Junipter" away for awhile because of was unsure of the background.
I didn't know if I wanted to do paint or full on pencil...
 

once I decided on full on coloured pencil I got back to work on her.
I am pretty sure she'll be completely done this week and I think she's gonna be something pretty cool.

3 comments:

Kim Kitchen said...

A joy always to see your extraordinary work Mandy. I look forward to seeing this piece when completed.
Spring blessings. Kim kitchen

Aline said...

Hello Mandy, I love this one! So many precious details and your wall of head silouette remind me of your recently completed wall of hooped doillies. Having this one tucked away for a bit certainly paid off. Take care my Friend and drop by the Farmers Market with Jonathan xoxo

Lisa B said...

She's beautiful! You have so much patience, and it shows with all your details. Looking forward to seeing this when finished. hugs xoxo