Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Monday, November 2, 2020

Meet The Maker - Day 1

 I am excited to participate in on Meet The Maker Week on IG this week.

So Day 1 is to introduce ourselves so let's give it a whirl!

I am Mandy Saile, I am 42 and work mostly with coloured pencil in a very whimsical style. My work tends toward the very detailed, my palette is usually super colourful and I love to create stories about animals, the beauty of them and the importance of better/kinder relationships with them.
I am also a printmaker working in linocuts and sometimes I enjoy ink pens too.

A large part of my creative journey and life is dictated and ruled by the chronic pain I live with. I suffer from Chronic Migraine, Fibromyalgia and RLS (etc!!!) The pain I live with does hugely inspire my work. My art is like a life preserver, the whimsy & colour of it, keeping me afloat amidst all the suffering.


I am also a Micro-Sanctuary Mama. We've made our family with rescued rabbits for many years now & currently we dote on 9 cage free rambunctious souls; Flynn, Barnaby Fizz, Yuuji, Lesiel, Mooshi-Haroo, Lydia, Korra-Soleil, Misa Adora & Higgins. I can't imagine life without them. They inspire everything I do, to be vegan, to live cruelty free of course to draw lots of buns! They also make for a unique studio schedule as I don't just work in one spot but in several because I need to spend time with them all but they don't all get along, so I rotate between art projects as I move from room to room throughout a day, it's a really fun way to work & my inspiration is never ending thanks to them.

I live with my honey of 28 years in a small city by the lake in Northern Ontario Canada. We are surrounded by a sea of trees and are called The Land Of A Thousand Lakes. We've had the hardest year ever as the past year + my husband has been fighting cancer...it's a long exhausting story but he's cancer free now & I am super excited to get my shop etc back up & running & for things to get back to 'normal' as much as it can after cancer swoops into life!

When out of the studio you'll find me kayaking, diving into books & just being embraced by home, I LOVE just being home with my hon, buns, books & art!

So nice to meet you & thanks for hopping by💖.

No comments: