Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Thursday, April 17, 2008

New Illustration & Glorious Thursday

Hi Everyone. I wanted to share a new illustration with you all, I haven't shown anyone this one yet. I originally started this piece to enter into a watercolour competition but I soon realized my watercolour skills are somewhat below par for such a thing, so I went off and just had fun with it. I added acrylics, red rhinestones, scraps of paper with stencilling on them and the fish scales all have pieces of a carefully cut Mexican map. The writing in the 4 corners reads as this "Whichever Direction You Choose To Go In Go With Good Company". Which is a firm moral of mine.

The original for this illustration may be available through my Etsy store at a later point. Or as always people can just call or email me directly if they are interested. I won't dicuss or post about pricing etc on this blog as it's suppose to be an inspirational and whimiscal and fun blog and let's face it, pricing or negotiating is rarely much fun at all!

I didn't post yesterday since I happily spent the day over at my mom's. It was a lovely day despite a bad migraine. I went back and forth from the heating pad with the cat Maggie sitting on my hip meowing because I was apparently in 'her' spot, ha ha, to my illustration. We did sneak out during a lull in my throbbing head to go to the library and stock up on audio books. I just adore being able to spend days like this with my mom. I always get lots of work done, but get to chat it up with my momma and we usually eat pretty good all day long too.

Today, whiles I wait for a couple of emails and the rabbits are lounging around on the sunny back deck, I have free time so I am going to finish off a simple but cute little pink bunny painting that I started yesterday night.

Be Well Everyone and please pass my blog along to anyone you think would be interested.

No comments: