Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Some Old Furniture Refinished

So a few weeks ago when I was so so sad and lost without Hazel and when I wanted to just sleep all day and all night, I gave myself a couple projects to complete when I wasn't keeping Jin company...I thought I'd share those with you today... We've had this old desk for years, Jonathan's grandpa made it but it was pretty rickety and ugly, so Jon peeled all the bubbled veneer off, sanded it down, made the shelves solid, and put new legs on than handed it to me...

...which I than painted a bright happy green and water blue. I love it now.

Than I took this old chair which I've had around for ages, took the old fabric off, painted it in the same green and blue and had just enough fabulous rabbit print material to recover it, so it became...

...This:D....which I am also so happy with...
...AND THAN...I took another old desk that I've been used for over 15 years and decided to give it a matching facelift as well, it needed no work just paint so it was quick and easy but it looks so much better and refreshed in these new colours.
...Jinny and Jaks seem to approve of the colours...I am happy...What do yous think?

7 comments:

Lori said...

WOW- I am so impressed! How lovely. What a wonderful way to channel your sadness. Really beautiful Mandy.

Judit Gueth said...

I love the new colours and the bunny fabric is adorable!

Dogwood said...

Love, love what you did with the desks and chair. The new "turned" type legs on the first desk are fabulous. I agree with Lori~what a good way to channel your sadness.

Have a restful weekend. Dogwood

julie said...

thats so awesome

Jenn said...

Favorite color combo for me and love the way you combined them...

I'm missing Haz, too. I like the way you used your time and grief to make something new.

Thinking of you!

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jonathan said...

As hard as it was to "get on with things", my little workshop partner Ella was very happy to have me out there hard at work. Nothing like seeing Ella sitting under my table saw full of sawdust and happy as can be.

If nothing else, it gives us a reason to be strong.

ps...is it me, or is that desk and chair now in a different room???