Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

New Illustration "I am A Beautiful Home"

Finally there was a chance to do some scanning and finally I can share with you one of my newest creations, one of my favourite illustrations "I am a beautiful home".

I created this with coloured pencil on Stonehenge paper, it's approx 14 x 20inches and I am so happy with how it turned out. It was inspired by my beautiful friend who is currently 5 months pregnant and she is indeed a most beautiful and loving home. The dove symbolizes peace and serenity from all the worry that comes with being pregnant. The black birds are symbols of good luck and positivity in the future.

You can buy a lovely print of this illustration o' mine right here in my Etsy Shop.

For anyone local, you can come see it and possibly buy the original at my upcoming solo exhibition at Art On Main, October 3rd-November 1st with a fantastic opening being held on Oct 3rd 7-9pm.

5 comments:

Dogwood said...

Very beautiful. I love the colors. The design is lovely. You should be a proud lady.

Lori said...

This illustration is so beautiul it made me tear up. There is so much heart in this work. That pours out even through a computer image. I would love to see the original!

Judit Gueth said...

I'm so honoured to be the inspiration of this beautiful illustration!
Love,
J.

Kathy said...

Ohhhhhh Mandy, this piece is so unbelievably amazing! Truly stunning!!!

Jonathan said...

A great homage to a wonderful friend. Well done.

(maybe the crows should have been "chickens"?) ;-)