Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Friday, October 8, 2010

Ondine...A New Painting & Don't UnderValue Your Studio Time...

I am hopping in quickly today to show you a new little painting which I call 'Ondine"...a lovely mystic from the sea...

She is another small 6 x 6 inch mixed media; acrylic paint, with abit of coloured pencil on a collaged kiln dried block of pine, all with a protective satin coating.



The original is available here in my Etsy Shop for anyone interested...she's one of a kind, and full of charm and whimsy so grab her whiles you can (oh and she's a really good price too!)

Hope your week was wonderful...mine was honestly quite difficult with a really bad migraine for 3 of the 5 days but I am lucky enough to be surrounded by beautiful souls like Jonathan and the bunnies who remind me of the beauty in everyday despite the head pain....

...When I have to move slowly for days after a nasty migraine, when I feel sorry for myself, when I complain about losing days to this head drama I endure,  Jon is there with warm hugs and quick reminders that moving slowly throughout my day, laying on the floor abit more with the bunnies, sitting quietly with my favourite music and sketchbook, snuggling up under blankets with my hot water bottles and watching abit more tv than normal is never a waste of time it's just how some of my days are right now...and he's right...he is...SO...yes in it's own beautiful pain-riddled quirky way, it was a good week I suppose....I did get alot of new paintings conjured up...hopefully next week will be better and I can start painting them!...my situation just goes to show that an artist should never ever take studio time for granted! 

See you next week...Have a most excellent weekend.  XO M & Some Well Snuggled Buns.

6 comments:

jacqueline said...

Dearest sweet Mandy, so sorry to hear about your migraine. I went through the exact same pain this week too. So glad we are both feeling much better. I am loving your new painting...it's gorgeous and the colors are so beautiful! Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you!

Dogwood said...

i like your new painting. i think it will be loved and sell fast.

i just wanted to let you know that i gifted the necklace that i bought from you to my BFF for her birthday. she loved loved it so much. it was wrapped inside a hand made scarf from another artists. i love supporting all your creative.

hope your migraine goes away fast and never comes back. i am so sorry that you suffer from those awful headaches.

relax and rest.

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful piece!

I am so sorry for you that you have these awful heads! I can relate - I used to have to go through them too. They just stopped for no reason and hopefully this will be the same for you as well!

Mandy Saile said...

THanks so much Jacqueline, Cory and Michele...I for some reason wasn't going to post about this piece but your lovely comments and support make me glad I did:D Hope your all well sweet ladies, sending hugs to you all.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Mandy I'm sending lots of happy good wishes your way to keep that awful head pain away. Jon is right though, spending time with the bunnies, moving slower through your day and enjoying simple things is never a waste of time.
Love this new piece too!
xx, shell

Deyfen Slade said...

I love this image...has that same feeling as that huge Fish painting of yours I own (and will be putting up in my new office)