Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Thursday, November 18, 2010

A New Project...Paper Dolls

I am working on a top secret project....

...Okay well maybe not so secret cause I really can't help but give you a sneak peek...

...I am designing my own paper dolls...they are going to be soooo fun.  I have 6 lil' gals designed & ready to be coloured in & the colourful brads I ordered just arrived.  I've always wanted to do paper dolls, they evoke such lovely cozy childhood memories.  I don't have ALL the details figured out quite yet such as what kind of paper to print them on etc, but I am pretty excited about them cause I think they'll be super cute and unique...


What do ya think?  Did any of you play with paper cut out dolls when you were young?  or have any of you made them yourselves???

Well, most likely as your reading this I am being tortured at the dentist, ugh.  Oh, I shouldn't say that I am being overly dramatic, (which I do oh so well:D)  I actually have an excellent & kind dentist, but who likes going ot the dentist right!  Don't suck on lemons people, it's apparently very super bad for your teeth...hindsight and all!

Have a fantastic Day,  See you tommorow
XO M & The Bunnies who smell like warm knitted mittens

P.S.  My November Newsletter has just gone out by email.  If you would like to receive my newsletters you can sign up here.  Or you can click here to go right to the online version. 

p.p.s.  If you've not entered your name for my November Giveaway yet, you still have plenty of time to do so. 

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved paper dolls my mom some how found vintage ones for us to play with too!!!! It inspired me as a child!!! Actually, I still would have fun with them.

Anonymous said...

I used to play with paper dolls and can relate when you say it brings back fond memories. I dont remember mine being as detailed and wonderful as the ones youre making though so you are going to make some little girls memories that much fonder! ~Lucie

Mandy Saile said...

Thanks Kathleen & Lucie:D

Deyfenn Slayd said...

I played with G.I. Joe's, but they weren't paper....and not dolls either.

Newsletter looks great...nice work!

Theresa said...

I loved paper dolls. I have even made a few for Christmas gifts. They can be so much fun & I love hanging on my girls wall!
Can't wait to see them in the shop!
~Theresa

Karen M said...

My favorite part was always creating fancy ball gowns for my paper dolls. They never went anywhere where they didn't have to dress up. My daughters loved them also, and it was their favorite thing to play with when visiting with their great aunt. And she would talk to them about her paper dolls from when she was little....

Sonya McCllough Lockridge said...

My sister and I had a many play dates with paper dolls, but they would often get on my nerves due to the thin paper stock but I still have a collection of Mary E. paper dolls from her magazine ... I use to just love searching the pages ... until I found em!

Paula said...

Love the paper dolls and can't wait to see the finished product. Your work is beautiful.

Mandy Saile said...

Sonya, I know ha ha I have some of the M. E paper dolls too...I would rush through the magazine just for that page as well, I was so sad when the mag was discontinued. I think they are just such a girly whimiscal thing, paper dolls:D