Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Coffee Table Studio

I am lucky to have alot of studio space, but admit to still being guilty of taking over the whole house for my various artistic projects (which my honey never seems to mind).  I have a lovely studio downstairs in our home but the last year or so I find that I prefer being upstairs amongst the bunnies (for whatever reason, except for Roo, the buns are not too keen on joining me in the basement except to escape the summer heat waves).   

And, even though I do have a sweet studio area upstairs as well, that I share with Jaks and Jin, the last week & this week you'd likely find me working here...


...toiling away on the upstairs living room coffee table with favourite old movies playing or the jazz station streaming...  


...and if I peek over the couch into my 'upstairs studio' I'll often be greeted by this view....


Jaks all stretched out on his little wooden bed underneath my easel and Jin will be snuggled against the warmth of the heater...once in awhile they'll zoom and zip into the living room, say hello with a force full little nudge on my legs or a teeny nip to my socks and than they'll either crash & nap under the coffee table or run back into their room for more snacks & sun basking....

Life with art & bunnies is good....ahhhh....

Where is your favourite place to create???

See you tomorrow, I've crocheted a new project & want to show you.

XO Bijou & Sun Dappled Bunnies

p.s.  Thank you soooo much to all of you lovelies who left such supportive comments about my migraine trouble post....My soul & tender noggin felt thoroughly hugged & nurtured.

5 comments:

Deyfenn Slayd said...

A charmed life indeed. Jaks looks pretty comfy on that puffy binky of his. As for me Bijou, I have my new office...I don't need any more room then that.

Anonymous said...

how sweet to have the bunnies love on you and sunbathe.
I cleared out my work studio because we were going to move and I gave about 90% of it away so I dont have much work with anymore. I did get a book at the library and I am going to try to learn to draw pwople. wish me luck, im talking not stick figure either.

Lisa said...

I don't really create, I study. But I also prefer to do so surrounded in Buns :) Just makes everything feel better.

I somehow missed your post below. I understand what you're going through. My sister is also a severe migraine sufferer, and it almost kept her out of college. She would sleep whenever she wasn't at school in high school, to try to wait out the pain. It is so nice of your bunnies to nurse you by allowing themselves to be held!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Nothing like buns in the studio. A perfect place to work indeed!
xx, shell

Mandy Saile said...

Thanks guys....I wasn't sure if anyone would care/comment on this post...having buns run around my feet whiles I work does indeed make any day extra good:D