Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Leda

So back to some artwork, as promised...
I admit to not being super busy in the studio these last few weeks,
but than a gals gotta enjoy some summer holidays with her honey-pie too...

I thought you may all like to see my beautiful goddess
"Leda"
She is a woman in tune & in complete alignment with nature...it is she and she is it...


Here is how she came about...


I am still trying to figure out what kind of frames to put on them.  I am thinking ornate gold ones.

Prints of them will be available by the end of this week I believe.

Well, I spent a couple hours at the dentist this morning.
A couple hours at the movies with my mom in the afternoon.
Next on the agenda is quite abit of paperwork in the studio (yuck!)
But part of that paperwork is because I was the lucky recipient of an
Ontario Arts Council Exhibition Assistance Grant,
which is so wonderful & helps me out alot to cover costs from my last solo exhibition, so YAAAYYY.
Than, hopefully I am looking at a good couple hours with my prismas...

Hope your week is off to a good start.

XO Mandy

19 comments:

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

She is fabulous! And congrats on the grant. :)

Snap said...

Leda is magnificent!

Anonymous said...

Your art is so amazing. Love the detail and patterns. So unique!

Nolwenn said...

WOW this is just amazing !
Thanks for sharing the "in progress".

jacqueline said...

Dearest sweet mandy, she is beautiful and i am loving your process! So very inspiring! Have a lovely merry happy mid-week and love to you!

Unknown said...

She is gorgeous! And I loved seeing your process. Thanks for sharing.
Nellie's Mom

Joann Loftus said...

Amazing!! Wonderful painting!!

Parvathy (Raji) said...

Fabulous art..love the details and colors.

Darlene Propp said...

I love looking at your art, and watching it "become" is just fascinating. Beautiful, beautiful piece! And I like the idea of an ornate gold frame.

ladaisi said...

Congratulations on the grant! You deserve it! Love to see this work in progress to completion. Hope your summer vaca's been great.

3 Hip Chics said...

beautiful piece...really enjoyed seeing her in process

3 Hip Chics said...

beautiful piece...really enjoyed seeing her in process

Theresa Plas said...

She's wonderful! Really enjoyed sharing your process Mandy. Love all the "mottled" color effects and interesting details.

Anonymous said...

I really love this series Bijou, and the incremental photos is awsome. Can't wait to see the the rest of the images finished.

Tracey Linstead said...

Nice Mandy! And congrats on the grant.

Cindy Belseth said...

Wow! She's gorgeous! I love the process pics - adds a whole new perspective and appreciation for what you do! :) Amazing stuff!

-Cindy

Mandy Saile said...

Wow thanks for all of the comments everyone. I see people are enjoying the how-I-do-it part of the paintings so maybe I'll try to do so more often. Thanks again so so much...just when I think no one is paying attention to my work or blog I get a large surge of positivity, it's wonderful...XO M.

Anonymous said...

IT MAKES ME SO GLAD THAT YOU GOR 17 NOW 18 COMMENTS.
people have finally found out how awesome you are! I love Zeda

ArtfulLee Designed said...

She is lovely Mandy. Thanks for showing us the process of her evolution.
Congrats on the grant, you deserve it
Lee:)