Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Your Existence Gives Me Peace

I had been drooling over a set of Prismacolour markers
and my friend Maria finally convinced me to splurge and get them for myself.

So I've been playing...
and just finished up this ink drawing which I call

"Your Existence Gives Me Peace"


...I guess the couple in the image does look abit like Jonathan and myself,
and I suppose that was intentional since the piece is about us, love, partnership
and how my honey's presence and existence gives me great peace & soothing hope.

These new markers are perfect for those days where my heads quite sore
and I just can't bring myself to work at my desks or easels
but when I want to get something creative done.
I can just curl up with a small piece of paper and the markers whiles on the comfy couch or bed.

I am going to print out the black and white drawing and then take my watercolours to the print. 
I can't wait to do so...I'll show you the results here of course.

I have another black and white to show you soon...it's one for animal lovers/advocates.

P.S.  I just updated new shots to my Flickr account for anyone interested in my photostream.

XO Mandy whose heart is full 

4 comments:

ladaisi said...

Gorgeous work, Mandy! I love the flowing lines and patterns.

val said...

my daughter is in gifted art and I bought her a set of these..they sure are expensive. It has already been worth it though.....the smile on her face when she opened them was glorious!

Mandy Saile said...

Thanks Lauren..it was alot of fun even if not my usual style. I wonder what it would look like in full colour and done as a coloured pencil:D

Val, hope your daughter is loving the markers too.

Anonymous said...

I really like this...it has an indian art (like India, not native) feel to it for me somehow. You should do more like this.