Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Teela

We are SO excited and head over heels in love,
And happily announce the addition of a new family member...
We have adopted a new little girl from the shelter.
We've named her Teela.
She is just over 1 year old.
We rescued her a week ago today & she fits perfectly into our little family already.
She's a tiny little babe weighing under 4 pounds...
her nickname at the moment is 'Tiny Teela', ha ha, for she's the smallest rabbit we've ever had.
She has a voracious appetite...We've never seen a rabbit eat hay like this girl, holy smokes.
And water too, we've never had a bun drink so much water either.


She's so lovely & sweet.
She loves cuddles and snuggles.
She's very smart and very clean, we are super happy with her potty habits.
And she's seemed to have settled into her new home really easily and very quickly.
I don't think that the arrival of a new babe in our lives has ever felt quite this easy or relaxed...
not since our Ella Luna anyhow.
(the 'La' part of her name is indeed in homage to our foo foo Ella.)
The only thing, which we've never dealt with before,
is that she has a super serious fear of being picked up...
Many rabbits don't like to be picked up but they either get used to it or tolerate it if done properly.
I don't know what's happened to this little sweetie to give her such a serious fear...poor girl...
It sure will make any vet visits and nail trimming very interesting/stressful!


We are in the chaotic/fun/precious time right now of learning each others routine,
and just spending oodles of time with her to make her feel super loved and safe.
I admit I am pretty much just spending my days going between all the buns & getting little else done,
but I also admit that I don't mind this bunny-full routine one little bit...it fills my heart beautifully.

So now you know one reason why I've been absent from blogging, ha ha.

I'll be posting about my very first shelter visit soon...it was a hard but very positive experience.
And, we can't thank the shelter, her caregivers there, or her adoption agent Kimberly enough.


9 comments:

Snap said...

Teela is gorgeous! Congratulations Mom! :D :D "LA" ... Tibet is called the land of LA ... magical! :D :D

Lavender Rabbit said...

Teela is gorgeous!! I'm so glad you found her / she found you!

Aline said...

Felicitation Mandy and Jonathan and the rest of your furry family. She is sssssso cute and what a wonderful early Christmas gift. Having a new baby, always changes the entire family dynamics, but that's all part of the fun isn't. Enjoy and miss you! xoxoxo

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!! Yippeeee!!! I love her! She's precious! Oh ya'll, I'm so happy for you!
Hugs!

Mandy Saile said...

Thanks so much Lovely ladies....she's a sweetie, we feel so lucky that she's ours. It was a long stressful process, but a very positive one too and I am proud that we've survived our very first shelter adoption but boy oh boy it was insanely hard not to come home with them all...not that that would be allowed though!

Roo is ill at the moment, so we're very busy taking care of his serious problem and spending time with our new precious babe...and more beautiful chaos is soon to come...more on that later.

Love you guys. Sending love. XO.

Unknown said...

I followed the link here from Raspberry Rabbits. What a beautiful blog. You are so talented and your artwork makes me feel like a little child again. I love it. Congrats on your new adoption. I look forward to seeing all your new posts and pretty things you have made and hearing all about the babies!

val said...

aw, congrats on your new addition. I am sure she will grow to love you all!

Ann-Margaret {Ann-Margaret's Visions} said...

Oh, Mandy, Teela is just beautiful!! What a precious face!! I know you are having the best time loving on her , and I bet she will soon love being held by you both. Sending you big hugs and many prayers for Roo! Miss you!

Unknown said...

Teela!!! What a little cute monster.