Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Teela's Portrait

I did a portrait in Polychromos of one of my soulmates, my beloved departed Teela.
It took me awhile as I just kept getting so emotional whenever I worked on it,
her getting so sick so suddenly, us doing everything we could but not being able to save her,
never really knowing what happened to her because I just couldn't agree to an autopsy,
her dying at such a young age, her leaving her bonded mate Yuuji behind...


hers is a loss that I carry with me every day that's all I can say.
But that's all sad stuff...this picture is about her beautiful amazing spirit.
She was just pure sunshine to me...in fact I sang her that song every day at bedtime!
I knew upon minutes after adopting her that loosing her would be impossible for me, I just knew.
She was our very first shelter adoption &
she helped pave the road for so many others to come after her.
She was magic.  She was my best friend.  She was my baby girl.  She was my heart.
This ones's for her.
  I might release limited edition prints but I am not sure yet, I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Mandy...I am so sorry to hear and I feel your pain, as I had a dog who I lost as well...My heart...hugs...and prayers go to you and yours....

Aletha Riter