Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Playing Catch Up, A New Store and A Wonderful Gift

Hi Everyone. Sorry I missed posting yesterday. Wednesday was full of gloom and rain on the outside of the house, but inside I battled the constant headaches with a full belly of Tylenol! some rabbit snuggles, lots of painting and some Poncho Sanchez albums...over all a really good day. I just didn't seem to find the time to blog yesterday and again I was surprised at how much I missed it.

Blogging has begun to open up a more abundant world for me, it really has and I am so happy about that. I've been able to get in touch with people and feel a connection with so many wonderful bloggers out there and I feel really grateful for that. Marisa, over at Creative Thursday sent me a very sweet note which was very encouraging and positive and I just so appreciated that response Marisa, thanks so much.

I am still not happy with my blog readership however, the numbers are too low for my liking, but I will keep at it, and take further steps to ensure that my readership grows...with that being said, back links are always appreciated, you can request them of me also, and please do pass my URL around if you truly enjoy what I am doing here.

I had a really busy day today outside of the studio, running abunch of errands, so I didn't get much painting done. I fear alot of paperwork, planning, organizing and scheduling is on my agenda for the next couple of weeks, I've been abit tardy and lazy with such things so I guess I really can't complain that it's come about again, it always does and it always will and I do actually enjoy the administrative part of being an artist/illustrator...most of the time anyways!

So just a couple other things for today...

A small selection of my art cards have been picked up by "The Little Shop" art shoppe. Located at 150 Main Street East in North Bay, Ontario Canada. You can browse the gallery or email any questions about the shoppe to the lovely people here. They also carry a small selection of my glass-mounted prints. Thanks for giving me a link on the site guys, that is fantastic.




I was utterly gleeful yesterday when I opened up the front door and a big package flopped down onto my feet. It was a package from Akita, Japan so I knew what it contained...my beautiful new purse that (and yes, yes I know I am super spoiled!) my Jonathan surprised me with. He knew I was looking for a new bag and this one seems to fit me perfectly, I am so in love with it.

We found it on our beloved Etsy of course. It is handmade in Japan and made of Kimono fabric. I am really really pleased with the craftsmanship, it is so beautifully put together and sturdy. There is a beautiful orange/reddish pattern on the inside also. It is made by Naomi Tagooka, from Tago Design & Crafts. Thanks Jonathan, again...and thanks Naomi, I just adore it and feel proud and excited to sling it over my shoulder whenever I go out.

Well that is about all for now. I should be able to show you a new painting tomorrow. Until then, Be Well and Happy Creating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your kind thank you ~ it's my pleasure to offer encouragement whenever I can ~ we "creative", or human beings for that matter, can always use a little extra support :)
happy weekend to you ~