Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Thursday, July 1, 2010

A New Mixed Media In My 'Celebration' Series

This little series of mine was started from something as simple as having a craving to paint with acrylic paint on illustration board. Than it seemed natural that the designs were well suited for birthday cards etc but I didn't want to pigeon hole these birdies of mine, they seemed more life lesson-y/life celebratory to me...hence the name "Celebration" series...

....You can see the first in the series if you click here... ...These two cuties share a message which I think is a good one and that is "You Can Learn More With Two Different Perspectives Than With Just One..."

...Now, don't you think that wording is nicer and more interesting than just a 'Happy Birthday'...I do...

( ...Prints of this new illustration o' mine are in the shop now...)

...I've drawn and just finished colouring in the sweetest little bunny with birdie...I can't wait to show you. Be Well all and thanks so so much for popping in and extra thanks to all of your sweeties who take time to leave me a message/comment, I can't tell you how much they make my day.

3 comments:

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Hi Mandy!
I love this and yes, I do agree that wording is much nicer! Ok...now I'm curious to see your new bunny and birdie piece.
The other morning in my yard there was a baby bird, a baby squirrel and a baby bunny all hopping around my river birch tree! I thought it should be a story!

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Beautiful painting. Love the quote!

Jonathan said...

I love the softness of this image. I find it calming.