Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Monday, May 9, 2011

Hattie and Humphrey

Happy Monday.  I hope all the mommies out there had a special weekend....
Today I am hopping in quickly to introduce you to....

"Hattie and Humphrey"

These two pals love to talk & quarrel over politics. 
By day, Hattie is a newspaper columnist and Humphrey is her fact checker. 
By night they crochet, knit and spin yarn to make sweaters for orphaned orangutans...
Ah two souls after my own heart.


This is a mixed media & I had so much fun with it. 
Give me some coloured pencils and I know I can work some magic but paints...epp...I still get nervous BUT
I am learning to accept my meager painting skills & to still enjoy the process of painting...
I mean I am not after a Mona Lisa creation after all, ha ha. 
This sweetie is acrylic paint and ink on a papered and painted background.
(Prints will be available soon)

See you Wednesday for a special giveaway.

XO Mandy &  4 Box Loving Bunnies

8 comments:

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Beautiful Mandy! Your painting skills are are wonderful! :)
Hope our bunny mom day was perfect.
xx, shell

Unknown said...

Glorious! So Springy!

Anonymous said...

they can go to the Kentucky Derby and have the best hat of all!

ladaisi said...

I just love it how your art comes with a story. That makes it come alive in a whole new way!

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Love the story! :) BEautiful piece.

Mandy Saile said...

Oh thanks so much ladies. XXOO.

jacqueline said...

Dearest sweet mandy, this painting is gorgeous! Loving the colors. Happy mother's day and i hope you had a lovely merry happy celebration! Happy week sweet friend and love to you!

Deyfenn Slayd said...

Great piece. A nice diversion from your current style. It's you, but it's new. Can't wait to see more of these. A story line of them would look awsome in a children's book.