Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Freya....In The Making...

Some of you may have see my lovely goddess "Freya" in the gallery exhibition posts
but I wanted to officially showcase her here on my blog...

Here she is....isn't she lovely?
She is acrylic and coloured pencil on a birch panel and is about 2 x 3 feet.


And
For the FIRST TIME EVER
I am going to show you my work IN PROGRESS....
Here we go:


What do you think?  Did you enjoy seeing Freya In The Making??
Would you like to see more of my pieces in progress???

P.S. My June newsletter goes out soon, if you would like to receive the newsletter just sign up here.

XO Mandy & her sweet sweet bunnies who are enjoying some Paul Simon in the studio today XO

13 comments:

Jules Dolly said...

Absolutely stunning, Wow. I'd love to see more of the process as you're so talented : )

Unknown said...

Love this post, I enjoyed seeing how you make your pieces and hope you include more how to posts. :-)

Karen M said...

Its amazing to see you bring the magic out of her. Beautiful!

Art by Katalin said...

Wow!! Your detailing is so amazing Mandy! I really enjoyed seeing your process!
I have a question if I may...do you prime your wood panel with something before painting?
I'd love to see more!:)

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

So beautiful! I loved seeing the progress of the piece. Fun to see you work! :) I would enjoy seeing more pieces in progress!

Anne said...

Stunning, and yes I would love to see more in the making.

Elizabeth Claire said...

Thanks for sharing you painting process. So inspiring!! STUNNING Painting!

ladaisi said...

This is amazing! I love to see your work in progress! Please do it more often!!

Mandy Saile said...

Thanks so much for your feedback and kind words everyone. It's strange to stop and take pictures whiles I am working on a piece but it's even neat for me to see the process...I think 'ohhhh okay that's how I did that part', ha ha. Thanks for all the kind words. I'll be showing "Zuniga" and "Leda" in progress soon as well.

Lisa said...

I love Freya and I LOVE her bird! So fascinating to see how the magic evolves. Thanks so much for sharing! I know it may seem like a personal thing for you but I enjoyed it.

My bunnies like Paul Simon too :)

Natascha said...

How long does it take you? Looks very time involved. I love the look of the colored pencil over the acrylic. The crispness. Im trying to find a way to use colored pencils that would keep color under a glaze in pottery after fireing.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Oh my gosh Mandy! Freya is incredible! I enjoyed seeing your work in progress. Truly amazing!
xx, shell

Deyfenn Slayd said...

Seeing all these pictures makes me think maybe we should put them together in a video (slide show format). It would go nicely with your growing collection of art demonstrations... :-)