Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Monday, March 29, 2010

A New Series Called "Funky Fish"...

Hi Everyone, I hope your weekends were good...ours was abit quiet as Jon had a bad headache all day Friday and I had one all day Saturday and Sunday, C'est La Vie. I've so enjoyed making my 'Beautiful Birds" series that I have embarked on a similar series in the same style but this time with fish...Funky Fish... People ask me all the time why rabbits, birds and fish are a constant theme in my work. I think the reason I draw rabbits is pretty obvious...but I think I draw birds because to me, they symbolize freedom, elegance and a simple life...and well who wouldn't want to draw something related to those wonderful things, but also there is no bounds to their beauty and inspiration. I think the same goes with fish, there are so many varieties in such incredible colour arrays that I can't not be inspired by them. For me, fish symbolize abundance, ease, tranquility, quietness and serenity. True indeed that the majority of my creatures can't be found in real life, they are quite stylized, fantastical and whimsical but all are inspired by some real life variety out there somewhere. I look forward to this new series, I already have atleast 20 drawn up ready to colour in...I worked the designs when I was sitting with Ella Bella the past month. I am sure it will be a series of atleast 30. So though I am still not quite finished showing you all in the 'Beautiful Birds" series, I just couldn't help myself and had to show you this first Funky Fish:D What do yous think?

6 comments:

Karen M said...

I really like the colors, and how the fish stands out against the watery background. Is there any chance these two series might become available as books, or even calandars?

Art by Katalin said...

Beautiful start to your new series!! Oh I'm very excited to see the rest! Your detailing always amazes me.
And I agree with you.. birds and fish can give an endless inspiration!
Keep up the great work Mandy! :)

Mandy Saile said...

Thanks guys...I was thinking of doing colouring books but I hadn't thought of full out colour book or calanders...thats a nice ideal though...I'll let you know Karen if I ever do that...thanks again:D

Charlotte said...

I love the reasoning behind your chosen creatures to draw... I can understand it all. xx

Dogwood said...

The colors are wonderful. I love the texture of the fish along with his eye and smile. I really like your art work and think you are very talented.

Hi to your bunnies.

Have a nice evening.

Jonathan said...

Funky Fish...I love it! PERIOD.