Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Breakfast...

This week's theme/topic for Illustration Friday was 'Breakfast'...I am abit late but this is what my brain conjured up for that topic, ha ha...



When I showed Jonathan the final results this evening his first words were "Ohhh she's cool & kinda creepy..." which is exactly what I was going for, ha ha.

I don't know if this concept comes from my dislike of breakfast!...I've never been big on breakfast-y foods or eating early in the morning...my tummy is usually not ready for food till oh 12-2pm!!!

Or perhaps it was sparked from my sitting outside last night, after the war in my poor noggin subsided, I was sitting in my favourite rocker enjoying the cool evening breeze, wrapped up in a blanket with sketchbook on my lap as I watched all at the same time; Roo stretched out eating raspberry leaves, a chipmunk sniffing Ella's tummy whiles Ella munched on yarrow, a grey squirrel hanging upside down to get birdseed out of the feeder & 2 chickadees sitting side by side on a branch up above all this furry sweet action...all of this was happening without a span of a meter...wonderful, ha ha...so this illustration could also be stemming from my connection with nature & earth...hmmm one never knows what my whimsy filled brain will come up with.


Hope you find her quirky & enjoy...have a wonderful weekend, see yous next week. XO M & the Buns.

16 comments:

Art by Katalin said...

oooh..haha..lovely and creepy I would say..love the small details.. like the chimneys coming out of the hair and the eggs with the crown....
great work and idea Mandy!.. and I agree with the not eating early in the morning! :)

jacqueline said...

Dearest mandy, i love this so much and such a wonderful theme 'breakfast'!! Really great work!! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

rebecca said...

thanks for checking out my site! i do love creepy sometimes...yours has a bit of creepy too ;o)

Unknown said...

Love her! She is indeed cool and creepy!

jacqueline said...

Dearest mandy, i had to come back here and tell you how much i appreciate those lovely comments you left me on my little space especially on my "I am enough" post. It made me misty and it touched my heart! Thank you so much lovely friend for your love and support you send my way! Love to you!

Anne K. said...

Nice. The aesthetics of a long neck and a freckled face are really appealing. If you dn't mind me asking, what medium did you use? I'm especially interested in the whitish highlights on the hair and lips.

Adriana said...

Utterly creative!!
Like it much!
XXX

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

She does have a creepy look in her eyes. :) But she is still lovely. Great piece!

Diane said...

OMG--this is sooooo cool!!!

Michele said...

She is awesome! I love her bit of creepiness. Wonderful work!

Lori said...

I love her- she's like a crazy creepy bird-lady. My favorite part is her neck and the little striped eggs :)

The Bunns said...

Can we have your pancake then?

Dogwood said...

Funny! And, a little creepy like your hubby said. But you know me I love your artwork. Enjoy.

Judit Gueth said...

She is creepy a bit but quirky and funny at the same time.

Talking about breakfast... You made us such a wonderful birthday breakfast on Saturday! There was nothing creepy in that one! :-)Thanks again! It was so amazing to have you over!
Love,
J.

Karen M said...

As I'm sitting here eating breakfast and reading this....Ok,I guess I'll put my waffle in the trash, now. Seriously, though, she's wildly fun.

Jonathan said...

I'll write what I said when you showed it to me....it is sick! I love it.