Facebook Instagram - Mandy Saile Instagram - WhirlInCircles Behance Behance Pintrest www.MandySaile.com Email

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Seraphina And The Night Owl

Finally I get to show you a new picture I just finished up...
It is a coloured pencil on painted paper and is called

"Seraphina And The Night Owl"


Here are a few details...


Finishing this one up seemed to take abit longer than usual.
I think it's because I am pushing my coloured pencil technique, trying to add more texture,
more free movement and more depth by using the pencils on a painted background...
which I am loving but which has caused me to pause and flounder abit here and there, ha ha.
One wouldn't think starting on a dark background instead of a light one would be so different but it is.
I had many moment of frustration where I thought
'Oh Jeepers just start it over on the usual white backing'...
But I purposely wanted to feel and push past that resistance/what-are-you-doing block that
typically bounces up whenever we try something remotely new.

Don't you love her and her lovely vegetarian owl friend...I sure do
(I'll let you know when prints are up in the shop)

See I told you I'd be back soon with a new picture...yayyy.

Be Well lovelies...Be Well.

XO Mandy & Her Black Beauty, Ella Luna

9 comments:

Snap said...

Seraphina is wonderful and I do love her Night Owl friend!!!!

manomij said...

Just saw your post on FB and had to stop by to say I love your art!
Manon
http://manonpopjes-manonpopjes.blogspot.com/

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Beautiful! So much detail, you are incredible.

Bev said...

Wow Mandy this is devine and i cant imagine the amount of work that went into creating this wonderful work..

hugz bev

Mandy Saile said...

Oh thanks so so much everyone:D You guys made my night:D

Steph said...

Mandy, she's beautiful!

Helen Jacobs-Grant said...

Hiya just saw your message on facebook and Seraphina so popped over to have a look, so glad I did as she is absolutely beautiful, so much detailing and texture to both Seraphina and The Night Owl. Fantastic work :) Helen x

Petie said...

Love your art!! The detailing, color and texture are amaZing!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the dark\light thing going on in this one. It looks like it's radiating light. The softened background plays nice against the forground.